Share your photos of rural Ontario!
Welcome to the Rural Ontario Institute Photo Library, a place to discover and share images of rural places and rural life in Ontario. Join us as we explore the wonder and diversity of rural Ontario’s places and the resiliency and spirit of its people.
Join the ROI Photo Community. Click here!
The ROI Photo Community is located on the Flickr photo sharing website. Sign on at Flickr.com with your Yahoo!, Google or Facebook ID and visit the ROI Group at flickr.com/groups/ruralontarioinstitute to join. You can also submit your photos directly to ROI using the form below. Click here for more details.
Watch this page for upcoming ROI Photo Contests!
New to Flickr?
Flickr is an online community for hosting, managing and sharing your digital photos and videos. On Flickr, you can add your photos to various groups, including the Rural Ontario Institute group, to share your images with others. For more info, visit Flickr.com.
Share Your Photos Using Flickr
To add a photo to Flickr, just follow these easy steps:
- Log on - To submit your photos via Flickr, use your Yahoo!, Google or Facebook ID to login at www.flickr.com. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for free!
- Upload and image - After logging in, upload your images to your Flickr account. See flickr.com/help/with/uploading/ for assistance.
- Join the Rural Ontario Institute Flickr Group - If you're not already a member of the ROI group on Flickr, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage.
- Send an image to the group - Browse to your image that you wish to share with the ROI group and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to the ROI photo pool. Note that if you're new to Flickr, it may take a couple of days for your photos to appear in the group.
Flickr is a great way to share your photographs of rural Ontario with the ROI community and beyond. For more assistance with Flickr, visit www.flickr.com/help.
Submit Photos Directly
Don’t want to join the ROI Photo Community? You can still submit your photos to ROI directly. Your images could be featured on the ROI website or you could be a winner in one of ROI’s photo contests!
We may post your submitted image in our public group on Flickr.com.
Legal Details and Your Rights
Your photographs help the Rural Ontario Institute act as a catalyst for dialogue, collaboration and action on issues facing rural Ontario. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit – including ownership if applicable. By submitting your image, you grant the Rural Ontario Institute a nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Publish the images for the Rural Ontario Institute’s purposes in any format, including on the Rural Ontario Institute website and in the Rural Ontario Institute’s publication or presentations, such as newsletters, brochures, public service announcements, grant proposals, reports, awards, thank-you cards, displays, mailings and invitations.
- Provide images to other individuals and organizations for non-profit, Rural Ontario Institute related use -in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Rural Ontario Institute Photo Library and Rural Ontario Institute Photo Contests, your name, city, province and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
As a condition of this permission, the Rural Ontario Institute shall credit all photographs with the caption “© Person’s Name” when full name is available, or by the photographer’s Flickr username when the photographer’s full name is unavailable.
Rural Ontario Institute has the right to refuse any photos they deem necessary. You must know the names and addresses of all identifiable people in their photographs and are responsible for obtaining all consents necessary of any persons featured. You warrant that the submissions are your own original work. Rural Ontario Institute reserves the right to select, edit and arrange submissions, and to remove images from the Rural Ontario Institute website at any time at its sole discretion.